We believe in the beauty and dignity of everybody
Who we are!
Museum of Humanity was created in 2001 after a dream of photographer Ruben Timman about a dilapidated and dark museum. It is a metaphor for the state of the world and our humanity. That dream is the starting point for portraying humanity worldwide as dignified as possible.
Our collection now consists of more than 7000 portraits. We visited twenty countries on five continents and grew into a worldwide movement. Because:
“We believe in the beauty and value of every person, regardless of origin, gender, orientation, conviction, age, disability or orientation. Every person matters, is valuable and capable of making the world a better place.”
We make humanity shine with portraits and stories. As an invitation to step across borders and get an eye for each other. Because in the other you always recognize something of yourself!
• We photograph people – on the street – and let them experience how valuable they are.
• We enrich cities with outdoor exhibitions and local events.
• We encourage young people to believe in themselves and to really see the other with School of Humanity.
• We train companies and organizations to create more connections.
• We organize activities and programs with our army of volunteers in our permanent museum.
Museum of Humanity
1505 RD Zaandam
1505 RE Zaandam
Or call: +31-619 561 732 (preferably a Whatsapp message!)
Chamber of Commerce number: 70990352
Bank account: NL 78 RABO 0328 7203 99 of Stichting Museum of Humanity
RSIN/Tax number: NL858537266B01
We are a cultural ANBI, which means that your donation is tax deductible. As a private individual, you may multiply the amount by 1.25 on your tax return; companies sometimes even 1.5 times. Read more here (Dutch):